Baked Almond Chicken is the perfect weeknight meal for a busy life. Crunchy, moist and spicy – this will be your family’s new favorite dinner!
Do you know what the world needs more of? More recipes for baked chicken.. specifically, Baked Almond Chicken!
If you look up chicken on the new thing we called the world wide web, you will find a gazillon recipes for that poor over used yard bird. Let’s face it.. it’s the go-to protein source and for good reason. It’s low fat, low carb, low calories, it’s delicious and versatile and can be added to just about anything.
These days we all search for quick, easy and healthy meals to feed our families that don’t take up a lot of the one thing none of us have enough of anymore .. time. Between the jobs and children (*cough.. and pets), after school activities, helping with homework, personal daily exercise regimens, extra curricular hobbies, interests and such and then lets not forget actually spending time with family and friends… well, lets just agree that when it comes to weeknight dinners, the quicker the better. And what happens then is that we get into a huge (everyone say it with my now) R-U-T!!
Well, I am here to break you out of that rut and still save you time with my Baked Almond Chicken. Chicken breasts dredged in breadcrumbs and baked is as traditional as it gets … and awfully hum drum too, may I add. It’s good, it gets the job done but what if we could do better? Hmmmmm? Are you picking up what I am throwing down? What about extra crunchy? Extra spicy? Extra flavorful?? ..and hey, it looks real pretty too.
Yes, that’s important.
This Crunchy Almond Baked Chicken in not your usual boring Thursday night chicken dinner. This dish is one that you can put together and shwoosh it with great celebration and fanfare onto your dinner table in under 40 minutes. Serve it with a salad and a side dish and BOOM!! ROCK STAR STATUS!
Plain ol’ breaded chicken cannot be shwooshed.. let’s just be clear about that.
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think… or just say Hi! I love hearing from you!!
Like what you see? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram!
Baked Almond Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour (leave this step out if gluten free)
- 5 eggs , beaten
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds , diced
- 3-4 tsp Creole seasoning
- 3 tbl vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and add vegetable oil to large skillet set to medium-high heat
- Start by rinsing and patting dry your chicken breasts.
- Set out a bowl or plate each for the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Add the flour to one, the beaten eggs to the next one and then the breadcrumbs to the last one. Add in diced almonds to the breadcrumbs.
- Add 1 tsp Creole seasoning to each and then stir each to combine
- Dredge your chicken breasts through the flour, both sides, until completely coated. Then do the same through the eggs and then the almond breadcrumbs.
- Bring your chicken breasts to your skillet and fry the breasts for 3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer them to a sheet pan lined with a wire cooking rack.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- When time is up, remove them from the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes before serving.
karyl henry says
Never thought about doing almond crusted chicken! Thanks for sharing this. I’m definitely adding to my recipe file
Karyl, you are so very welcome. I get so bored of plain chicken but the almonds are so crunchy and its a bit spicy and overall, a great switch up to it 🙂
Elysia | Haute & Healthy Living says
This chicken looks so delicious! Sometimes I get super bored with chicken, but this recipe totally just kicked it up a notch!
Kathryn @ FoodieGirlChicago says
This looks delicious!! Searing the chicken first gives it that perfect crunch on the outside!
Paige @ Where Latin Meets Lagniappe says
Goodness, this chicken looks so delicious!!! Almonds AND Creole seasoning? What a tasty combo – I can imagine it perfectly on top of a salad — YUM!!!
Lubna Karim says
Wow…this looks so yum….crunchy outer and tender inside…..
Lubna, thank you!!
Wow what great color and flavor! I think we’d like these sliced into fingers and baked as you’ve described. I’m happy to pin another chicken recipe. You’re right, the world can’t have enough!
Lydia, chicken fingers would be superb! Great for game day finger (oops.. no pun intended) food
Claudia | Gourmet Project says
I want that ROCK STAR STATUS! trying it soon 🙂
Go for it Claudia!! Let me know how you like it 🙂
Razena | Tantalisemytastebuds.com says
I love the look of this chicken and having it covered in nuts is even more delicious. I would love this with some yellow rice and salad.
Razena, the almonds make it so crunchy!! Perfect with rice and salad!