Celebrate Cinco de Mayo (or ANY day) with this Mexican Queso Fundido .. it’s an easy to make oooey, gooey cheesy dip that is a crowd pleaser from the word GO!
Do you like Mexican food as much as I do? Is that even possible? In this house, Mexican food gets made all the time. Keep in mind, neither me or Big Scary Mike are of any Hispanic descent but trust me, these two Irish people can put a killing on a bowl of chips and salsa!
Besides, you need something to soak up all those margaritas!
PS.. If you would like to make this non-alcoholic, double up on your favorite salsa instead of using the lager. It will taste amazing!!
Psst… Now that we are friends, don’t you think we should spend some more time together? That’s what besties do, right? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest .. and yup, even Instagram!
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 6 oz chorizo sausage removed from casing
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese grated
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 oz Oaxaca cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Mexican lager beer
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tomato , cored and diced
- 2 tbl cilantro , chopped
- 1 lime
- Favorite bag of tortilla chips
- Start by removing the sausage from its casing and over medium-high heat, brown until cooked in a large skillet
- Remove sausage to a paper towel lined plate
- Rinse out skillet and add in olive oil, onions and garlic - saute until onions are soft approx 4-5 minutes
- Remove to the same plate with the sausage
- Add in lager to skillet and once beer starts to simmer, slowly add in the cheese and stir until melted
- Add the sausage, onions, garlic and salsa into the cheese sauce and stir to combine
- Serve immediately or place under the broiler of your oven for 3-4 minutes to get that burnt cheese we all love so much (watch carefully.. it will burn beyond repair if you walk away from it!!)
- Garnish with tomato pieces and cilantro and a squirt of lime juice