Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing is moist, fluffy, packed with tons of savory flavor and the most perfect sausage stuffing recipe to serve up right from your slow cooker.
If there is one savory side dish that doesn’t get enough action in my house, it has to be stuffing. As much as I love a good sausage stuffing recipe, alas… I only seem to make sausage stuffing at A) Thanksgiving and B) Christmas. That’s it!! We eat enough rice and pasta to float an ocean but stuffing seems to never cross my mind. I guess it’s because it seems to take time and effort I don’t ever seem to have enough of but now that I can make this Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing Recipe in my crockpot … well! … we have a game changer folks!!
SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE?
I know there are a bazillion different recipes for stuffing and dressing and probably another half bazillion just for Thanksgiving stuffing recipes alone but my favorite has always been sausage stuffing. And since becoming a food blogger, trust me when I tell you that I have made that sausage stuffing recipe my own bazillion different ways and I have to admit that my favorite is still the easiest. You can make sausage stuffing drying your own bread and making it all from scratch but my favorite is still taking a little bit of help from the store in that department so storebought bread cubes it is 🙂
DOESN’T THE STUFFING DRY OUT AND BURN IN THE SLOW COOKER?
No.. nope… nada! I was really skeptical because making sausage stuffing in the slow cooker just seemed too good to be true. I mean, you are literally freeing up so much time, effort, oven space and casserole dishes by making this sausage stuffing recipe in the slow cooker. Once I made my sausauge stuffing in the slow cooker, I won’t ever go back to trying to time out my holiday dinner down to the minute just to get my buttered casserole dish of stuffing in the oven at just the right time, just the right rack… oh heck, just pass me the wine! The secret to the Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing not burning to the sides is buttering the slow cooker sides well before adding in the stuffing. You will be rewarded with moist, fluffing stuffing with next to no effort on your part. #winning
HOW DO YOU MAKE SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE STUFFING?
Stay with me, this is a quick one! To make your Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing, start by buttering the sides and bottom of the slow cooker. Then begin browning your sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat. Break the sausage into small pieces and cook until no longer pink. While your sausage is cooking, add the garlic, celery, parsley and onion to a small food processor and pulse until chopped. Add your veggies and your sausage to a large mixing bowl followed by your bread cubes, spices and chicken stock. Mix to combine well and then add it to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 -5 hours.
Seriously …. it’s THAT easy to make Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing. Think of all the time you will save? Talk about a delicious easy holdiay side dish that practically makes itself.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE STUFFING
- You can prep this recipe the day before you need it. Simply brown your sausage and chop your veggies ahead of time and refrigerate until needed. Then add them to your bread, spices and chicken stock, combine and then move to the slow cooker.
- Mix up your sausage stuffing recipe by trying different types of sausage. I use Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage but there are spicy and flavored varieties to try along with meats like chorizo or italian sausage.
- Stop lifting the lid off the slow cooker. Let it do it’s job.
Looking for more easy slow cooker recipes to share with your family and friends? Check a few of my favorite crockpot recipes below.
MORE EASY SLOW COOKER RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli
- Easy Homemade Chili
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf
- Hawaiian Pork Rice Bowl
SHOP THIS RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
IF YOU’VE MADE THIS, PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!
- 16 ounces pork breakfast sausage
- 3 ribs celery ends trimmed, diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- 14 ounce package bread cubes / stuffing cubes
- extra butter to butter crockpot insert
- To make your Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing, start by buttering the sides and bottom of the slow cooker. Then begin browning your sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat. Break the sausage into small pieces and cook until no longer pink.
- While your sausage is cooking, add the garlic, celery, parsley and onion to a small food processor and pulse until chopped. Add your veggies and your sausage to a large mixing bowl followed by your bread cubes, spices and chicken stock. Mix to combine well and then add it to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 -5 hours.