This Apple Fritter Monkey Bread is tender, crunchy and gently layered with apples, walnuts and cinnamon. Perfection!
There are times in life when you really want to make a statement! I mean a BAM! POW! BOOM! statement. A showing that leaves no doubt you are a force to be reckoned with and one that will not be ignored.
This Apple Fritter Monkey Bread recipe is your statement piece. Is this post starting out a bit over dramatic? Empty promises? Poor use of excessive explanation points?
I assure you that I am not misleading you with the BAM! POW! BOOM! This recipe is to die for and will exceed every expectation you could possibly hold when it comes to homemade sugary breakfast goodness. This Apple Fritter Monkey Bread is tender but with a crunchy crust, gently layered with apples and walnuts and doused in sugar and cinnamon and then more sugar. This is a Breakfast of Champions…. or at least until your sugar buzz wears off and you need an immediate nap. But before that happens, whoa… stay out of your way!
We have a major holiday happening later this week which will be filled with family and friends, pop over visits and overly critical in-laws. Forget about scrubbing that bathroom floor for the third time. Serve up a plate full of this amazing treat and you will remain the Favorite of the Family. And worst case scenario is if they still find fault with you, feed them an extra piece of Apple Fritter Monkey Bread and they will slip into a sugar coma and will wake up with a sugar buzz hangover and will have to stagger themselves home in which then you can make up a bunch of embarrassing stories to tell about them and after their shame you should then be safe from them stopping by uninvited again next year.
Ooops… did I really just write that?
Don’t be like me, use your powers for good and spread the love with this delicious and decadent breakfast treat. It’s really the perfect thing to serve up to a busy household of loved ones, especially on a day when you will be busy making Holiday Miracles .. aka… ‘dinner’.
Enjoy and have a Blessed Thanksgiving!!
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think… or just say Hi! I love hearing from you!!
- 2 16 oz cans of refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 Granny Smith , Honey Crisp or Fuji apples, diced
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbl cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts , diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbl heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly prepare a fluted tube pan with non stick spray
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and salt and in a separate bowl have the melted butter.
- Cut each biscuit in half and then half again so that each biscuit is in 4 equal pieces
- Sprinkle a light layer of apple and walnuts into the pan
- Dip each piece of biscuit into the butter and then roll around and generously coat with the brown sugar mixture
- Place into the bottom of the pan (on top of the apple and walnut pieces) and continue to do this until you have a full layer around the pan
- Sprinkle in 1/3 of the walnuts and apples on top of the biscuit layer
- Continue making layers (about three) until all your ingredients are used up.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until your inner layer of biscuit pieces is cooked.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and then flip upside onto a serving plate
- While cooling, mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla and cream in a small bowl
- Drizzle over the top of your Monkey Bread
- Serve immediately