Last Updated on by
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan is crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. The perfect quick and easy meal for any day of the week.
There are some recipes that just make you HAPPY!!! For me, Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes that make me smile and gives me warm fuzzys all over.
Unless the breading is soggy… then, not so much.
Fear not, dear friend.. this recipe will give you the Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan dinner you have been craving. Now, I will admit that I have spent the better part of my life (*cough.. *cough … actual years in numbers not required) NOT eating Chicken Parmesan.
WHAT THE ….. WHATTTTT?????
Nope, no Chicken Parm for THIS girl? The pairing just didn’t make any sense to me and I have to assume that long, long, long ago there was that one time.. that one plate… that one serving of Chicken Parmesan that did not have that delicious crunchy exterior wrapping itself around moist, tender chicken and that was all it took… soggy breading need not apply!!
I could write post after post after post about my feelings on soggy breading and wet bread… but I digress….
THIS recipe is sure to WOW you and as you bite into that chicken cutlet and hear that Panko crusted seared **CRUNCH** you will throw your fork down, run to your computer…possibly knocking over a small, slow-moving child on your way and hit that PRINT button on this recipe with all your might!
Yes, Friends… it’s just THAT good!
Not only is this Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe amazing, it’s also really easy and quick to put together. School is starting soon and I get tons of requests for fast meals to feed a hungry family in the middle of the week after football practice and dance recitals. This is a perfect dinner that doesn’t have a laundry list of ingredients, will make the pickiest of eaters happy and can be put on the table in under an hour.
Win, win and WIN! …. now go pick up that kid you mowed over … feed him a cupcake or something!
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think… or just say Hi! I love hearing from you!!
Like what you see? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram!
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 2 lbs chicken cutlets , rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup flour
- 5 eggs , whisked
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 3 tbl vegetable oil
- 24 oz jar favorite spaghetti sauce (I like Midi's Italian Sausage)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese , shredded or brick form
- 16 oz spaghetti or linguine pasta
- Italian parsley (optional.. for garnish)
- Parmesan cheese (optional... for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and set two cooking racks side by side on a 13 x 9 cooking tray.
- Pour sauce into a large saucepan and cook over medium heat
- In a large saute pan, bring vegetable oil to temperature over medium-high heat
- Pour flour, eggs and breadcrumbs each into their own medium sized bowls. Mix the Parmesan cheese in with the breadcrumbs
- Set bowl in a line
- Pick up one chicken cutlet and dredge through the flour until both sides of the cutlet are dusted evenly. Then do the same through the whisked eggs and then finally the breadcrumbs, making sure the cutlet is evenly coated on both sides.
- Set aside and follow this assembly with all chicken cutlets
- Add 2 -3 cutlets to the vegetable oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned
- When both sides have been cooked, remove cutlets to the baking tray and place on the cooking rack.
- Cover cutlets with mozzarella cheese
- When all pieces have been fried and covered with cheese, place the cooking tray with the racks in your oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While your chicken is cooking ,bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to manufacturers instructions.
- When your chicken is cooked, remove from oven. Plate your pasta and sauce and add your chicken cutlet. Garnish with more sauce, more Parmesan and Italian parsley