Last Updated on by
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is a quick and easy fudge recipe that is creamy, thick and packed full of refreshing chocolate peppermint flavor.
I will admit that my love affair with chocolate peppermint flavored ANYTHING came later in life than expected. What is not to love about rich decadent chocolate paired up with refreshing cool peppermint. I mean, it’s as equal as the peanut butter and jelly combo in Christmas-time Flavortown. There’s chocolate peppermint drinks and cookies and cakes and even lip balm .. yup … lip balm. So what could possibly be more necessary than chocolate peppermint LIP BALM??? Yup .. you guessed it … the Big Daddy of all decadent sweet treats… Chocolate Peppermint Fudge!!
Oh … yeah……!
WHY DO YOU ADD ESPRESSO POWDER TO FUDGE?
This one is an easy one.. that deep dark espresso powder adds such a rich layer of flavor to just about anything chocolate that you add it to. You certainly can leave it out of this Chocolate Peppermint Fudge recipe and your peppermint fudge will still be amazing … but add the espresso powder in and you will really have people begging for more!
SECRET TO MELTING CHOCOLATE?
Melting chocolate is easy to do and you can melt the chocolate in either a microwave or on a stove top. If you are microwaving the morsels for the Chocolate Peppermint Fudge, add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and be sure to stir the chocolate every 30 seconds until it is melted. If you are melting the chocolate on the stove top, add a small amount of water in the bottom of a medium sized saucepan. Add a larger heat resistant bowl to sit on top of the saucepan and add your chocolate morsels to that top bowl. Heat the water over medium high heat and stir your Chocolate Peppermint Fudge morsels until melted. The heat from the water boiling will create steam which will then heat the top bowl and melt the chocolate.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT FUDGE?
Easy! To make Chocolate Peppermint Fudge, line as 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and set aside. Start by adding chocolate morsels, espresso powder, butter and sweetened condensed milk to a microwave safe glass bowl and microwaving on high for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 second burst, until chocolate has melted.
Stir in the peppermint extract until combined and transfer to the prepared pan. Smooth the Chocolate Peppermint Fudge out until even and sprinkle with peppermint flakes or festive sprinkles. Lightly press the toppings into the fudge so that they stick. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT FUDGE
- Melting chocolate can be finicky for the best of us. If you find your chocolate is seizing and is not melting like you want, add a tablespoon or two of hot water and continue to heat though and keep stirring.
- The irony of life is that water is the enemy of melting chocolate… that and too much heat. Glass bowls are what I use to melt chocolate and have learned the hard way that metal bowls are not the way to go. The chocolate will get too hot and seize up. If you somehow get a drop of cold water in the bowl with your chocolate, it will seize up. Melting chocolate should really require you to carry a licensed degree of sorts.
- When smoothing out the top of your Chocolate Peppermint Fudge, if your fudge ‘sets up’ quicker than you like, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the fudge and press down lightly with your hands until you have evened out the top of your fudge.
MORE EASY FUDGE RECIPES
- Layered Chocolate Peanut Butter Turtle Fudge
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Baileys Fudge
- Pink White Chocolate Fudge
- Sugar Cookie White Chocolate Fudge
SHOP THIS RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links which will probably be used on wine and dog treats.
- Pyrex Basics 8.1″ Square (2 quart)
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- GLOUE spatula-4pcs Silicone Spatula Set, 11.7 x 2.7 x 1.3
IF YOU’VE MADE THIS, PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 30 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 ounce espresso powder
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- To make Chocolate Peppermint Fudge, line as 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Start by adding chocolate morsels, espresso powder, salt, butter and sweetened condensed milk to a microwave safe glass bowl and microwaving on high for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 second burst, until chocolate has melted. Stir in the peppermint extract until combined and transfer to the prepared pan.
- Smooth the Chocolate Peppermint Fudge out until even and sprinkle with peppermint flakes or festive sprinkles. Lightly press the toppings into the fudge so that they stick. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.