Halloween Monster Eye Cookies are easy, festive and super fun to make! Soft vanilla cookies perfectly scary with candy eyeballs.. perfect for Halloween!
It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
There is no time better than right now, as far as I’m concerned. Everyone seems to have their favorite holiday and for the longest time, this Irish girls favorite holiday was Saint Patrick’s Day. St Patrick’s Day is still in the top two but my heart truly belongs to Halloween. Some people love Christmas, some people love Hanukkah, some people love Presidents Day (love those Home Depot sales!) but there is nothing that makes me happier then seeing Halloween decorations in the stores and fun Halloween food in my kitchen.
Now we take Halloween one step further than a lot of people. It started it out innocently enough with a couple of decorations here and a tiny little skeleton over there but since then our Halloween obsession has reached epic proportions.
I keep saying we because it makes me feel better but really the obsessive one is me. #guilty
I love love love Halloween, I love building Halloween props, I love the scariness and spookiness of the holiday and like I’ve mentioned in my Monster Mash Halloween Candy Bark and my Toil and Trouble Halloween Cupcakes, we put on huge yard displays for the neighborhood kids every year. It’s my favorite thing to do. I love seeing they’re happy little faces while being scared out of their minds at the same time. I remember my own childhood and having that same experience at such a young age and it is one of our traditions that seems to be going by the wayside in a lot of areas.
But not in my neighborhood!
All that being said, along with the yard decorations and pop up zombies (did I mention I’m still trying to convince my husband to buy me a 9-foot spider to hang on the side of the house? ….We are still in negotiations over that) you cannot have Halloween if you don’t also have fun spooky food. These Halloween Monster Eye Cookies are the most adorable and super easy cookies you can possibly make and the googly eyes are huge hit with the kids. Halloween Monster Eye Cookies take no time at all to bring together and we all know that children love anything involving food coloring!
So while so whether you are a Halloween obsessive person like myself or you just casually like the holiday for it’s fun nature, give these Halloween Monster Eye Cookies a try. I promise you and your family will love them!
Happiness and Blessings!
Halloween Monster Eye Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tubes Gel Food Coloring favorite Halloween colors
- candy eyeballs, various sizes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Start by creaming together the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl
- Add in the egg yolks one at a time and beat into the mixture before adding the next one
- Mix in the vanilla and salt
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and then slowly incorporate into your sugar batter .. this takes time, it will seem very dry at first but will come together nicely
- Separate batter into three batches and add in 1 food coloring to each batch.. beat until well mixed
- Spoon into 1.5 inch balls and place them on your cookie sheet - do no flatten!
- Bake for 12 - 13 minutes and remove.. lightly press candy eyeballs onto the cookies while they are still warm .. let sit on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before moving the cookies to a wire rack
- Let cool and enjoy!!