Celebrate your red, white and blue with these festive (… and ADORABLE) July 4th Patriotic Blue Cookies!
If you are like me, there are certain times of the year when you set out to SHINE!! I am not a prideful person by any means but when it comes to throwing parties or holidays with strong color themes, I do my best to represent. And when that holiday is July 4th, I do my best to really WOW in the food area.. after all, a bright blue cookie may not mean much in light of the troubling times we are living in but it’s a tiny token of thanks to those who have served and to celebrate all that is great in America. THAT I do take pride in!
Google recipes that bring the red, white and blue to a party and your computer will go on for days and days showing you so many amazing, delicious ideas. I even have a few in there myself like my colorful Whoopie Pies and my Red White & Blue Patriotic Cupcakes. But if there is one thing I believe in is that you can never have too many recipes for outstanding food! Holidays are prime time to break out the creativity and let’s be honest, if you are going to be standing outside all day, in the middle of July, melting in the heat and surrounded by sticky little hands while you wait for 30 minutes of fireworks before you try to beat the traffic on the way home, you have the right to irritate Sally from down the street with your impressive and mind-blowing culinary displays of patriotism.
It’s your American right.
Besides, kids LOVE these little cookies and that they are blue and have stars and are soft baked make them so fun and EASY to eat!
Psst… Now that we are friends, don’t you think we should spend some more time together? That’s what besties do, right? Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest .. and yup, even Instagram!
July 4th Patriotic Blue Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of white chocolate morsels
- 3 tbl red , white and blue stars or sprinkles
- 1 tube Blue Gel Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Start by creaming together the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl
- Add in the egg yolks one at a time and beat into the mixture before adding the next one
- Mix in the vanilla and salt
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and then slowly incorporate into your sugar batter .. this takes time, it will seem very dry at first but will come together nicely
- Add in the blue Food Coloring Gel and stir to combine
- Stir in the while chocolate morsels and the stars / sprinkles until all have been mixed into the batter
- Spoon into 1.5 inch balls and place them on your cookie sheet - do no flatten!
- Bake for 12 - 13 minutes and remove.. let sit on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before moving the cookies to a wire rack
- Let cool and enjoy!!