Last Updated on by
Whether you call it white cheese dip, queso dip or Queso Blanco Dip, this easy slow cooker cheese dip is the perfect party appetizer! Homemade Queso Blanco Dip is easy to make and the perfect slow cooker appetizer to serve up at any party or get-together.
Sure, everyone loves the spicy crockpot meatballs and the crispy baked potato skins but can you really call a party a party when you don’t have a huge vat of delicious melted white cheese to dunk everything into? No! Of course not! It’s just another boring gathering of human beings if there is no ooey gooey queso dip simmering on your appetizer table, that is a fact. Now while Queso Blanco Dip may not be the most figure friendly things served up at your holiday party or tailgating extravaganza, I can promise you that this homemade queso dip is definitely the tastiest. Use it did dunk your chips into, pour it over nachos, add it to your sandwiches .. (heck!) .. smother it on your flip flop … anyway you serve it up, this homemade Queso Blanco Dip is amazing! The best part? This queso blanco recipe is made with no Velveeta cheese. That’s right, this is yummy white queso dip recipe is smooth and creamy and made with no big brick of Velveeta.
WHAT IS QUESO BLANCO DIP?
Queso Blanco Dip is the smooth, creamy white cheese dip that is usually served up in your favorite Mexican restaurants. It is usually made with a mild white melting cheese and can either be made to be mildly spicy to very spicy depending on your tastes.
IS QUESO BLANCO DIP SPICY?
You drive your own bus on this one. You control the heat and spice you want to add. I like my homemade Queso Blanco Dip with just a tiny bit of a kick but you can certainly turn up the heat by adding more hot jalapenos and more cayenne pepper. As is, this recipe is pretty mild so plan accordingly.
HOW DO YOU MAKE QUESO BLANCO DIP?
Easy! To make your Queso Blanco Dip, just dump everything in your slow cooker. Did I say that one too fast? I promise, it’s actually really that easy. Add in your white American cheese, the cream cheese, spices, salsa verde, butter, Rotel and hot jalapenos to the slow cooker and heat on Low, stirring occasionally until cheese has melted.
I also add in a few tablespoons of the jalapeno brine for some extra kick. As your cheese starts melting and your dip starts coming together, add tablespoons of milk to reach the consistency you want. Some people like their Queso Blanco Dip to be thick and some like their queso dip to be more on the thin side so add the milk to reach the consistency that you desire. Once your cheese is melted, reduce the heat to warm and stir occasionally. Serve with chips or any thing else you want smothered in perfectly melted white cheese dip!
Looking for more easy appetizer ideas? Check a few of my favorites below.
MORE EASY APPETIZER AND PARTY FOODS
DID YOU LIKE THIS POST? BE SURE TO SHARE IT ON PINTEREST!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!
Queso Blanco Dip
- 16 ounces white American cheese good quality
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 10 ounce can of Rotel tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons hot jalapeno slices diced, plus brine (optional)
- 1/3 cup salsa verde salsa
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 - 5 tablespoons milk
- To make your Queso Blanco Dip, add in your white American cheese, the cream cheese, spices, salsa verde, butter, Rotel and hot jalapenos to the slow cooker and heat on Low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally until cheese has melted. You can also add in a few tablespoons of the jalapeno brine for some extra kick.
- As your cheese starts melting and your dip starts coming together, add tablespoons of milk to reach the consistency you want. Once your cheese is melted, reduce the heat to warm and stir occasionally. Serve with chips or any thing else you want smothered in perfectly melted white cheese dip!