No Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie is a rich chocolate mousse pie with a chocolate cookie crust and a fluffy chocolate whipped filling. Easy and fast to make, this No Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie will be your new favorite dessert.
Everyone needs an easy, no bake dessert that is their ‘go-to dessert’ on those days when you need something sweet and delicious but don’t have the time or desire to turn that oven on.
This No Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie recipe is that perfect no bake chocolate dessert for me… and the best part is that I usually have the ingredients already in my pantry so there’s no reason to fight traffic and stand in line at the grocery store in my lazy Saturday afternoon yoga pants (YAY!!).
Chocolate Mousse is a long time favorite of mine so why not turn that whipped chocolate treat into a full fledged No Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie and that way it transforms itself into the perfect dessert to serve up at potlucks or luncheons, holiday get-togethers and don’t forget sharing with your family and friends.
HOW DO I MAKE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE?
Start by pulverizing your chocolate wafers and mixing them with the melted butter. Press them into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan and then set that aside
Pour your chocolate, vanilla, espresso powder and salt into a large sized bowl and pour the heavy cream on top. Let all of this sit for 1-2 minutes and then stir to combine ingredients until chocolate has melted completely and mixture is smooth.
Let chocolate cool and come to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream until well incorporated and then spoon into the pie crust. Smooth until even and transfer mousse pie to the refrigerator. Once chilled (about 4 hours) , you can add another layer or whipped cream on top of pie and garnish with more chocolate chips or shavings.
Seriously, this No Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie is THAT easy!
- You can use any whipped topping you prefer, I like Cool Whip. If you are a rockstar and make your own whipped topping, go for it!
- Very rarely will I make anything chocolate and not add in espresso powder … it’s my little secret ingredient to really bring out the richness in the chocolate. If you do not wish to add it into the recipe, that is perfectly fine. It will still taste amazing
- You can use either the ‘traditional’ chocolate wafer / white filling sandwich cookie or the chocolate on chocolate kind .. I like the double chocolate ones
Enjoy! – Heather
If you like food as much as I do, obviously we should be best friends now! Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest … and yup, even Instagram
Have you made this recipe yet? If you have tried this recipe, please take the time and leave me a Comment / Rating and let me know how you liked it ????
Your feedback and comments mean the world to me and help ME write recipes better recipes for YOU!
No Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 22 chocolate cookie sandwiches
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Chocolate Mousse Pie Filling
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 ounces whipped cream topping
- Start by pulverizing your chocolate wafers and mixing them with the melted butter. Press them into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan and then set aside
- Pour your chocolate, vanilla, espresso powder and salt into a large sized mixing bowl
- Heat heavy cream in a small pan over medium high heat until just boiling and then pour the heavy cream on top of chocolate. Let all of this sit for 2-3 minutes and then stir to combine ingredients until chocolate has melted completely and mixture is melted and smooth.
- Let chocolate cool and come to room temperature.
- Fold in half of whipped cream until well incorporated and then spoon into the pie crust. Smooth until even, cover with plastic wrap and transfer mousse pie to the refrigerator.
- Once pie is chilled (about 4 hours) , add the remaining whipped topping layer of on top of pie and garnish with more chocolate chips or shavings.