Philly Cheese Steak Dip … now say it again.. Philly Cheese Steak Dip … Mmmmm…. Now back to reality! Have you ever been to a party and looked around wondering where the food is at? I think we’ve all been to those parties. There is nothing wrong with a low-maintenance get together because honestly it’s supposed to be about being with friends and family but this girl needs food. What can I say? I’m a big believer that food is love and if I’m entertaining people, I am that person that has enough food to feed literally the entire neighborhood. And probably even the next one over too. It’s just my way to say I love you and thanks for being in my world. I think good food and great friends is the perfect combination (and an open bar!) and that pairing is what makes the world go round, my friends. That ….. and this amazing hot cheesy appetizer known as Philly Cheese Steak Dip!
Looking for more easy appetizer ideas? Check a few of my favorites below.
MORE EASY APPETIZER AND PARTY FOODS
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!
Philly Cheese Steak Dip
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1/2 green pepper ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 16 ounces White American cheese shredded, divided
- Tortilla chips, bagel chips, etc for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place a large skillet on your stove top and heat to medium high
- Add ground beef, onions and green peppers to the skillet and cook until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain the grease and then set meat mixture aside to a plate covered with paper towels
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, mayo, seasonings, Parmesan cheese and 2/3 of the American cheese. Add the meat, onions and green pepper mixture and using a hand mixer, mix until all is well combined.
- Spoon mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with remaining American Cheese (and extra green peppers for garnish if you like) Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve hot with chips.